Thank You for Your Interest.

Thank you for contacting my office and arranging for an appointment to speak with me. Unfortunately, based on the information that you provided it does not appear that I can be helpful and our meeting would likely not be to your benefit. It appears that your matter is outside of the types of cases that I handle. I am not currently accepting new clients who work in the private sector or for local government. I will cancel the meeting. The following information should be helpful if you are still seeking answers. 

Filing A Complaint with the EEOC

If you believe that you have been discriminated against by an employer, you may file a complaint with the EEOC. The phone number for intakes with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is 1-800-669-4000, or you can go to to find out more information. You may also have the right to file a complaint with a local or state agency, such as a state Civil Rights Commission. If you have a wage-payment related issue, you may contact the U.S. Department of Labor and file a charge or complaint with that organization. There may be local and state organizations that can assist you as well. 

Contacting an Employment Attorney Who Practices in your Area

In addition, if you are seeking an attorney to address an employment-related issue,, the website for the National Employment Lawyers Association, provides lists and contact information for attorneys who represent employees in this field. There are also local NELA organizations, including the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (, that offer a list of attorneys who represent employees like you. NELA maintains a list of all of its local affiliate organizations on this website: 

Other Kinds of Attorneys

If this is not any of the above, has listings for many attorneys who practice in various fields, along with ratings of those attorneys and contact information for them. I recommend using this service if this is not an employment issue.

I hope this information is helpful for you in finding a path forward to resolve your employment-related issue. I’m sorry I could not be of more help. I wish you the best.

Federal Employee Free Phone Consultation

Find a time to talk about your case with a lawyer, not an intake coordinator. 

Here’s what you should know:

  • This is completely free, no cost, no obligation on your part (Lawyers can’t expect payment without an agreement)
  • You get helpful information about your federal EEO case 
  • This is the start of the process to find an attorney to represent you